Saturday, September 23, 2006

Another Rough Patch

We started off well last night. James went to sleep around 10pm and slept in his crib until 1:30am. Changed diaper, ate and went back down in his crib for only 1 hour. He was very gassy and got very uncomfortable with the buildup. Which is when he starteds screaming at the top of his lungs. Poor daddy had to work this morning so I gave him some anti-gas drops to try to remedy the situation. Sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't. Of course, all that he wants is to nurse to comfort himself which only compounds the problem and starts a vicious cycle. Needless to say, daddy took him out to the recliner in the living room for a while where he slept for a couple of hours but daddy was too uncomfortable to sleep in the chair. Pass off to mommy who returned back to the recliner with James where he ate and fell back to sleep from 6:30am-9:30am. Mommy woke up off and on when the phone rang twice and the alarm went off continuously as customers entered and exited their units because there was a problem with the gate. Normally I would have gotten up and turned off the volume but with a sleeping baby on top of me I wasn't taking a chance of waking him up.

As we sit here at the computer, I hear music to my ears! Sounds of bottom raspberries coming from my son. All I want to know is why couldn't I have heard them during the night?

No comments: