Thursday, June 14, 2007

Lots of Updates

Ok, I will start with my visit to the OB on Monday. I have gained back the 4 pounds I lost my first trimester, now, I can start keeping track of what I gain with this baby. I gained 30 pounds with James. (SPECIAL NOTE TO MALE READERS: It isn't a good idea to ask your wife is that old pouch or new pouch when referring to her stomach area.)

My ultrasound to screen for the chromosomal abnormalities was fine and at the time of my appt the bloodwork hadn't come back yet, but they called me on Tuesday and said the bloodwork came back negative. The doctor used a dopler to listen to the baby's heartbeat. She didn't have to search for it either as soon as she placed the dopler against my stomach you could hear the heart beating. My next appt is July 11 and they will do another ultrasound with a lot of measurements to see how the baby is growing. I will be at the end of my 18th week then.

Monday was also our 2nd wedding anniversary. Who would have thought in two years time we would have two children? We are lucky enough to have family near us and Jimmy's parents came over and watched James so we could go out for dinner. Jimmy and I went to the same restaurant we went to last year, The Veranda. They sat us at the same table and we had the most delicious meal. Of course, we ordered way too much food. Jimmy got to have the rest of it for lunch the next day. Here is a picture of us before we left to go for dinner.



Tuesday, James and I left for our trip to CT. He was so good on the plane. We sat in the first row which he loved as everyone was boarding. He waved and smiled at everyone that boarded. Two children sat in the same row as us. The young boy kept James entertained the whole trip. It was great. The flight attendants loved him and commented on how well behaved he was. Let's hope he is as well behaved on the way home too.


Here are some pictures of James playing at Auntie Missy's house.

Thanks to cousins Justin and Isabela for letting James borrow some toys to play with while he is in CT.

Here are 2 country visitors we saw today while looking out the slider doors.

No comments: