Saturday, February 16, 2008

Over Due Update

Well, where should I begin? It has been quite a while since my last post. Life has been crazy with the two wee ones. I am enjoying them so much but there always seems like something needs to be done and not enough hours in the day.
Playing on the mat together
Wearing mom's headband as a King's Crown

We had our first professional family pictures taken at JCP on the 2nd. I knew something was arise when I didn't receive a smilesbywire email prior to our pickup day. On Valentine's day I was supposed to pick up the portraits. I received a call from the studio saying the film had been misplaced and would we like to reschedule. UGH! It was hard enough to get all four of us to smile at the same time at the first sitting. Long story short, they may have found the roll. We will know sometime this week. Keep your fingers crossed that it is the one. The Super Bowl has come and gone and James was very disappointed that the Packers did not make it to the big game. There's always next year.

James and Conner were both scheduled for well visits with their doctor this coming Monday and the office called to cancel for the third time. At this rate, Conner is going to be three months old by the time he goes for his two month appointment. We are going on Thursday now instead. Unfortunately, their doctor's mother was ill and passed away. This was the reason for all of the cancellations. We are very sorry for her loss and are very happy that she will be back this week. Conner also has an appointment Wednesday, the 27th to see an opthamalogist. I believe there is something wrong with his left eye. It could be congential Ptosis(weak eyelid). We would like to know for sure so that we can explore our options for treatment now before it effects his vision. We will keep you updated after we visit the Dr.

The famous PoPeye face.


I haven't been feeling all that well myself. I made a trip to the ER last Sunday for sharp pains in my back. Two hours later, they said the urinalysis was clear of any infection so they sent me home with a prescription for pain medication. I chose not to fill the narcotic and used some of the pain relievers that I had left over from Conner's birth instead. Needless to say, I have a doctor's appointment this coming Friday for a full physical. I haven't had one since a year ago and I like to go once a year considering all of the family medical conditions.

Here's a fun story for all the mommies out there with more than one child. With all of the confusion I have had with Dr appointment cancellations I ended up showing up to the dentist a week early! Can you say sleep deprivation!?

Conner went to his first hockey game on the 8th. This was James' second game although he was 5 or 6 months old for the first one so I don't think that he remembered it. He had a great time and we all were entertained by him. He was cutting up a rug every time they played music. It was very cold in there and it made me remember why I moved to FL almost 6 years ago. Wow, how time flies!

Conner catching a few winks between periods

The boys with Papa and Grandma Murtaugh

Cheering on the Everblades

Hanging with Dad


Watching the Game

James with cousins Aaron and Mikayla
So, the children keep getting bigger and bigger. Conner is a whopping 15.8lbs wearing 6-9 month clothing (snuggly I might add). James is weighing in at 24.6lbs and is wearing 18-24month clothing. Conner is catching up to him quickly! Both of my cherubs are taking a nap right now. They have been sleeping in the same room now for about 2 weeks. We were lucky enough to get a free crib from Jimmy's cousins Bob and Sue in Marco. They weren't using it for their grandson any longer and were looking to unload it. We made the trip down to pick it up and had a very nice visit too. Conner loves his new crib. He sleeps very well in it.

Look at those thunder thighs!

This is Conner in the swing right before his nap today. Yes, he has found his hands and loves to suck on them every chance that he gets. Slurp! Drool everywhere! James tried to grab the camera from me yesterday. He kept chasing me around the living room trying to get it out of my hands.


This is one of the last times that James got a bottle before going to bed at night. It was and still is a battle when he gets out of his bath at night. He still looks for it but we have been strong and not caved in to giving him one. His appetite during the day has increased, he has slept through the night except for waking once in a while for a drink of water but goes right back to sleep. Check out the personalized Tees. Can you guess who sent those? The boys modeled them for pictures for Auntie Melissa's birthday on January 30th.

2 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

Great update! LOVE the tees. I would have to agree - Auntie Melissa does rock!

Anonymous said...

Laurie you're the best! If you are ever looking for fun t-shirts for the kids or for gifts go to www.cafepress.com they have the best tees.