Sunday, November 23, 2008

Celebrate!

Since Conner's actual birthday will be on Thanksgiving day we had his first birthday party yesterday at our house with family and friends. Here is the birthday boy!
We tried to get a picture of all of the kids sitting together.
It proved to be a little difficult. This is the best one that we got.
Conner wasn't as into the cake as James was when he turned 1. I think that the whole sticky texture thing was a bit much for him to handle. He also wasn't a fan of the table cloth that was supposed to protect the floor from getting dirty. That is why it is missing after the first picture.

Couldn't pass this one up! Look it's Papa Murtaugh mopping the frosting up off of the floor.
Conner needed cleaning up too but not as bad as James who was covered head to toe and went straight to the bathtub on his first birthday.
Of course the kids' favorite part of the party is opening the presents. Conner loved all of the new toys he received. I, of course, loved all the cute new clothes he got. Since Conner is wearing the same size clothes as James I go through the clothing we do have rather quickly. Now, I can go a little longer between washing.

Everyone was so generous Conner was getting tuckered out.


This gift got the loudest response from the crowd!

2 comments:

louandmelissa said...

Looks like you had tons of fun!! I can't believe how fast the kids are growing. Also, congratulations on #3. How exciting! As always, let me know if you ever need anything!
XXOO
Melissa, Lou and Ava

Murphy's Law said...

Well it's about time this news is leaked! Congrats, and all the best, because I hear that once the kids outnumber the parents, that's when the trouble begins!

:o/

Conner looks like such a big boy now, I can't believe how quickly he has grown. His hair looks lighter now too!

Again, congratulations!

Happy Birthday, Little Con-Man!