Monday, February 23, 2009

Animal Kingdom and Epcot

We traveled to Orlando February 10-12th. We stayed at the All-Star Movies Resort. We couldn't pass up the deal. Grandma and Papa Murtaugh bought Jimmy and I a 6-day park pass with the park hopper option for our birthdays and Christmas this year. The great thing about it is that it doesn't expire. On Tuesday, we went to Downtown Disney and met up with my college friend Michelle, her husband and her twin boys(they are James' age). We ate dinner at the dinosaur restaurant-I'm not sure of the name. The boys were fascinated with the dinosaurs and it was great to catch up with an old friend. The chef came out of the kitchen and personally told me what was egg, peanut, fish and strawberry free so I could order something safe for Conner to eat. I thought that was exceptional. On Wednesday, we went to Animal Kingdom. It was the first time we had ever been there. It was a little too crowded for our liking and we left around noon to head back to the hotel for naps. The only one who got a decent nap was me. Both boys refused to nap and Jimmy ended up cat napping off and on. Conner fell asleep on the bus ride over to Epcot that night. We went on several rides at Epcot with no wait! When we returned to the hotel that evening the boys played on the playground before going to bed.

No comments: