We arrived for Conner's 10:30am speech appointment today at 10:25am. I am always prompt because they are very strict on their rules. If you are more than 10 minutes late they will cancel your appointment, if you miss 2 weeks in a row they will release your appointment slot and then possibly have to start the referral process over. Yada, yada, yada.
The receptionist informed me that Conner's normal therapist was out sick today and that he would see someone else. Well, ok I guess that's alright, would been nice if they had called me and given me the option ahead of time. I most likely would have cancelled since Conner has been easy to meltdown this week. He clicks well with the therapist that he has been seeing and I am not sure how he would do with someone new. Most likely the first half of the session would be used for him to test the new therapist to see what he could get away with which would be a wasted session in my opinion.
Anywho, we are waiting in the waiting room to be called back by the fill in therapist and the minutes start ticking away. Needless to say at 10:40 I went up to the counter and requested a reschedule or something. The therapist then came out into the waiting room to ask me what was wrong. I said that we had another appointment to go to this morning and that 10 minutes of his 30 minute session had already gone by. I also explained that Conner most likely would take 10-15 minutes to warm up to the new therapist if he warmed up to her at all. In my opinion this session would be a wash.
So they said we could just cancel for today and asked what I would like to do in the future if Conner's regular therapist was out. I told them that I would rather they call to cancel his appointment. So off to the next appointment we headed...Conner's new shoes.
No comments:
Post a Comment