Tuesday, October 30, 2007

4 WEEKS TO GO!

It is going to drag on. I had another bleeding incident on Friday-the first day I was supposed to return to work. Jimmy and I spent 3 hours at the hospital with no explanation as why it happened again. They drew blood hooked me up to the fetal monitor to evaluate contractions and the baby's heartrate and decided to send me home when everything looked normal. The discharge instructions stated bedrest-trips to the bathroom only. Yah, that was a load of fun for the weekend.



James has been fighting a cold for about a week. His cough had gotten worse(to the point where he threw up on Jimmy because he gagged himself by coughing so violently) so I decided to see if we could get a sick visit with his doctor on Monday. I was able to get one so Jimmy took him in. What a fantastic daddy! The doctor said he has a viral infection in his lungs. He is on two medications to help open his breathing passages and clear his lungs. Our little guy is in good spirits, although he had difficulty breathing this afternoon which kept him from getting a nap that was very much needed.



I went in for a recheck today to follow-up after my trip to the OB Triage on Friday. I am officially out of work until after the baby is born. I am allowed to get up more than to use the bathroom-thank goodness. I thought I would go out of my mind stuck on the couch for the next four weeks, four days was long enough. I was told if I experience any bleeding or bleeding with cramping I am to call and go in to be evaluated immediately. The two main concerns the doctor has when there is bleeding is that my scar from my previous c-section could be rupturing or that the placenta is separating from the uterus. So, I need to make sure that I get lots of rest and drink lots of fluids. I am now on weekly appointments so my next visit is on Tuesday next week.



Here are some pictures of James over the past couple of days. I will see if I can get a picture of him in his Halloween costume on here sometime tomorrow.



James with his favorite blanket



James bringing daddy his favorite book, "It's Potty Time"



James listening to his favorite story complete with flushing sound effects
These two are from tonight when James decided to help daddy wash the floor


No comments: