Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Home From the Hospital

I actually spent some time this weekend at the hospital. I went into pre-term labor on Sunday and they admitted me to HealthPark and gave me magnesium sulfate to stop my contractions. I was also given a steroid injection to prepare the baby's lungs just in case they couldn't get the contractions to stop. They went from 8+ an hour down to 0-1 an hour after weaning me off the magnesium yesterday.

I was released today but can't return to work until further notice. I'm not on strict bed rest because they don't want me to develop blood clots from lack of circulation but I am definitely not allowed to do any lifting. I go next Tuesday for my next appointment and hope not to see the hospital or any of the doctors until then.

While there, I had an ultrasound on Sunday night to check on the amniotic fluid and we found out that we are having another BOY! We are very excited and hope not to meet this son until my scheduled c-section day of 11-27. I had a more detailed ultrasound yesterday. This boy is measuring big(I grow them big- James was 8lbs, 7oz at birth). His estimated weight was 6lbs already with a 15% swing in either direction because as you get further along the accuracy of ultrasounds lessens. That is a very good size for a 32 week, 5 day baby.

Our other big boy, James Joseph, is 14 months today! He has been a trooper through the last two days. We are so lucky to have so many family members and friends willing to drop and rearrange their schedules to help us out! Thank you to all of you who were so supportive even if it was just extending an offer of assistance to us! We are blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives.

1 comment:

Murphy's Law said...

Hey, now that you're home every day, we need daily updates! And pictures too, of course!