Since it has been quite a while since I have given a detailed update, you better grab a chair and maybe a cool drink for this one!
Ok, we will start with Conner our now 7 month old son. Where has the time gone???!!! Well, a couple of weeks ago I took him for his 6 month check up. He weighed in at an even 20lbs, and measured 28 3/4in. for length. His weight was in the 75%tile and his length was greater than the 95%tile. He got a clean bill of health except for the eczema and weak eyelid that have plagued him since birth. His DR recommended that he have allergy testing done. For infants it isn't the extensive skin test that you may be familiar with. Instead they draw blood to do the testing.
So, I took him to the lab for blood to be drawn. He was such a good boy! They had me hold him on my lap. The woman tried to find a vein in his arm to draw the blood from. She stuck him with the needle and started digging around.He fussed a little but didn't cry. I wanted to scream! She was having such a hard time because of Conner's eczema on his arms. I finally said, "Is there a different place that you can draw from?" She said, "The only other place that she draws from is the hand but she doesn't do it on children." We left there without getting the blood drawn for the allergy testing.
Conner had his 6 month eye checkup too. His vision still is fine and the eyelid appears to be strengthening. It clears his pupil which is the most important thing. We graduated to check-ups every 3 months now so we don't have to go back until he is 9 months old now. Yeah!
I will place Conner in the middle of the play mat on the floor and before I know it he has scooted himself to the edge of the mat to be by the coffee table. He loves to pull things out of the metal bucket and he likes to bang on the sides of it too.
In the bathtub, Conner likes to suck/chew on one of James' toothbrushes. He has started to beat up on his big brother too. James likes to lay on his belly in the tub. The other night Conner grabbed James' butt and then starting hitting it. He also likes to grab the faucet cover we affectionately call "FireDuck.
Conner is at the let's put everything in my mouth stage and see if it is any good. This includes crayons that his brother likes to share with him and of course what would crayons be without the coloring book too! He ate the corner of James' Curious George coloring book the other day. Let's just say the extra fiber wasn't necessarily good for the plumbing department.
Now on to James. He is 22 months old- closing in on the 2 year mark! He is remarkable with the things that he has been doing and what he understands.
Recently, I was changing his diaper a rather extra smelly one if you get my drift. Well anyway, I said, "What did you eat today to make this stink so bad?" With a straight face he replies to me, "FOOD." I laughed so hard. I said, "Yes, I know you ate food but what food did you eat?" He just smiled back.
James doesn't always let me cut his finger and toenails with out a fight. The only time that he will usually let me cut them is if I started cutting Conner's nails first. Trust me, it isn't because he wants his nails cut. It is because he wants to sit on my lap instead of letting Conner sit there. So I was completely taken by surprise when I came home the other night and Jimmy told me that James brought the nail clippers over to him and said, "Cut." He then turned his back to Jimmy so Jimmy could pull him up onto his lap. He held out his hand and let Jimmy cut his fingernails.
Last Thursday night Jimmy wanted a swim shirt to take with us on vacation this weekend so he went out. I fed both boys dinner and finally sat down to eat my own dinner. James goes over to the fridge and starts saying, "Pease(please)." So being the good mommy that I am, abandon my food, and go over to the fridge. I open it and say, "What would you like?" He climbs up on the ledge of the fridge and grabs the Guiness bottle and says, "Beer." I laughed and said, "Try again." He wasn't too happy with me and ended up pouting as I closed the door to the refrigerator and returned to my dinner.
To feed James' Backyardigans addiction I purchased 2 audio CDs. I have one in the car and the other is out back in his play area. While we were out back the other day I put the CD on. As soon as James heard the music he ran over to the CD player and sat down on the floor. He then leaned to the left looking for a picture and then to the right to see a picture. I tried to explain to him that it was just the music and not the picture. I think he got it. How precious!
Earlier this year, Auntie Missy sent us a camera to do video calls. When she calls in the computer rings like a phone. James now recognizes the sound and when he hears it ringing he runs toward the computer yelling, "TEEEE!" He waves to her says hi and bye and smiles when she sends different animal winks to him.
I am working on a slideshow of our trip to Orlando and hope to have that posted soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment