If you have a child you may remember the first time you ever received a kiss from them. Well after waiting 32 months for my first kiss from Conner it happened today. Now, I don't want you to think that he hasn't shown affection before. Conner has no problem giving hugs but when it comes to kisses he never gave them before today. Whenever I would ask him for a kiss he would lean forward and put his forehead towards me for me to kiss.
Something different did happen today. Jimmy took Conner to speech therapy and he saw a new therapist since we got a call sayng that they had a second session open for him. This new therapist spent part of the speech session working on oral motor exercises. This included sucking on a dum-dum lolli-pop. I'd like to call it magic because now Conner will pucker up for a kiss instead of offering his forehead to me.
My heart is full...
3 comments:
I got goose bumps reading this post!! That is so exciting!
I love his kisses too! I got a few on my last visit.
So sweet! I'm so happy for you!!!
Post a Comment