Today was the first day of school for Conner. I took him and walked him into the classroom. He checked in by putting the apple with his picture and name on to the tree. He hung up his backpack and headed over to the play corner. I chatted briefly with his teacher and told her I was heading to the dentist but if she needed to reach me I had my cell phone. I quietly left the room to avoid any emotional outbursts since I wasn't sure how he would react to be left. His teacher reported later that he got a little teary eyed and asked for me a couple of times. She just reassured him that I would be there after nap to pick him up. Our little guy was a big boy today and impressed his teacher as well as his parents on his first day at school.


1 comment:
Nap? Is it full day school for him? How many days a week? Is it the same school as James goes to? I can't believe how big our little guys are Meg! Hope school goes well for him.
Post a Comment