So, Conner and I are sitting in the car at James' school waiting till dismissal since Shannen fell asleep on our way there. Conner walks to the front of the car and sits down in the driver's seat. He looks over at the gear shift, extends his left pointer finger and touches the first letter. "P", "puh, puh, puh". He moves his finger down to the second letter. "R", "rrr, rrr, rrr". Again he moves his finger down to the next letter. Finally he ends on "D", duh, duh, duh".My jaw was resting on the floor of the car. His new teacher had said that he knew most of his letters and sounds. I didn't realize this because I had never seen or heard him identify any. This confirmed it. It was totally unprompted and independently demonstrated. It made me very proud and a little teary eyed, I won't lie!
No comments:
Post a Comment