Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sunken Treasure and Feedin' the Birds

On Wednesday, we went to Miromar Outlets to meetup with other moms and their kids at the Playland that they have there. We left a little early so when we first got there I took James and Conner for a walk first. James loved all of the water fountains that they have there. There are also a couple of koi ponds. While admiring the fish I heard "kerplunk!" When I looked into the water I saw Conner's sunglasses rapidly sinking to the bottom of the pool of water. Being that it was about 65 degrees and windy they were left as "sunken treasure" for the fish to investigate.

We made it over to the play area which was really nice. This was the first time we had been there since they redid the playground. There are two separate play areas- one for little ones like Conner and then one with bigger equipment for older kids. We went in the big kid area first and James had a blast going down this huge tube slide. I decided to take Conner on one of the smaller slides. He let out such a loud, deep belly laugh he had me and a couple of the other parents in the area of the slide giggling ourselves. I forgot my camera and Jenny one of the other moms had hers there so she snapped a couple shots of the kids playing. Here are some of them:
I felt like the lady who feeds the birds at the park while we were there. I offered some puffs to Conner and his friend Tyler and they didn't leave my side for quite a while. I think they were afraid that some of the other "little birdies" would get their stash if they did leave.

No comments: