Thursday, January 15, 2009

We're Having a GIRL?!

Ok, so I don't think that it hit me until today that we are having a girl. When I got to the meetup this morning, Meredith, one of the moms from Mamapalooza came up to me and had a little bag with pink tissue paper sticking out the top of it. She placed it on my front seat as I was getting the kids unloaded from the car. When I got into the car after our walk I was curious to see what was in the bag. This is what I saw:
How precious are these little, pink, newborn slippers? At that moment, I realized it was all going to be different...dresses, dolls, princesses, tea parties unless, of course, her brothers have anything to do with her preferences.

We had part of our OB visit on Monday afternoon and the other part of our OB visit this afternoon. On Monday, we were supposed to have an ultrasound and Dr visit. Someone screwed up and had me scheduled for the ultrasound at one office for 3:00pm and scheduled for the Dr visit at 3:30pm at another office across town. Therefore, we had our ultrasound on Monday afternoon and our Dr visit this afternoon.

In the car, on the way to the ultrasound on Monday I noticed a bug crawling on the window next to me. It wasn't just any kind of bug it was a "lady"bug. Do you think that may have foreshadowed our enlightening on the gender of our third child? I honestly thought that we were leaving there on Monday without knowing the gender again. This little girl is extremely modest. She kept her legs crossed and her feet covering what we needed to see for as long as she possibly could. Finally, the sonographer's patience and determination paid off!

This afternoon we went for the actual Dr visit. They officially moved my due date to June 5th instead of June 10th. Since it was moved forward they won't schedule delivery until 39 weeks just in case I really was June 10th. So, the earliest delivery date would be Friday, May 29th. My only complaint today was hip and lower back pain. The bump is starting to expand and with that expansion the lower back pain that I am currently experiencing will only intensify. I will be starting up my exercise program to strengthen my lower back after getting approval from my Dr. I was also told I could go for prenatal massage. Oh yeah I like that idea!

My next visit is scheduled for February 17th. I will have another ultrasound, Dr visit and glucose testing(YUCK).

No comments: