James and I had a mommy son day today. I wanted to do something special with him before he starts pre-k next week. Our day started at Pitt's Farm Market. We went to go feed the goats. James enjoyed that a lot. 
Next, we headed to the dentist. I was due for a cleaning and James went with me. He watched intently as Jamie cleaned my teeth. When he wasn't watching, he played with his trains and tracks that we brought with us. I think he was very surprised to see a familiar face there. His friend Logan's daddy was there too.
Our next stop was Chuck E. Cheese. James rode most of the little kid rides that were there. He also wanted to climb in the maze but I didn't want him to because all the big kids were in there since school hadn't started back yet. I was able to get him interested in something else.
Geoffrey the Giraffe from Toys R' Us sent James a coupon for his birthday to get a free wooden Thomas engine valued at $12.99 or less. He had a hard time deciding which one he wanted. He finally decided on Toby. I also let him pick out one from us. He chose Emily. While we were driving in the parking lot a family of ducks was crossing through the lot.
2 comments:
I can't believe he's heading off to school!! How are you doing? I look forward to the day Mia gets to go to Pre-K and dread it all at the same time! It will be a bittersweet day for sure!
Somehow I made it through the dropoff on the first day of school. If I had tissues with me I would have sobbed like a baby but I didn't so a few stray tears ran down my face instead.
Post a Comment