Monday, August 23, 2010

Lab Results In

I forgot to request a copy of the thyroid levels for Conner and I never found out what James' iron level was so I called the pediatrician's office and requested that both of these be faxed to us.

It turns out that James' iron was a little low. He will need to take vitamins and eat more iron rich foods.

Conner's T4 Free level was 2.24 ng/dL, which compared to the reference range (0.50-1.20ng/dL) is considered high. However, his TSH, ULTRA level was within the normal range. I did see that his MCH level was 27.0 mIU/mL which was considered low compared to the reference range (0.340-5.600 mIU/mL). After searching the web, all I could learn about the MCH level in children is that it is not as reliable as other hemoglobin tests that are performed. I will probably call the pediatrician's office for clarification.

Other testing that we are waiting on includes 2 chromosomal tests- one of which is fragile X, Lead testing, and Biotinidase testing.

No comments: