Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thyroid

One of Conner's lab tests has been completed and I was contacted by his pediatrician's office to set up an appointment to review the findings. In order to do this Conner had to be active on the plan that the pediatrician's office accepts. Somehow, Conner got bumped off of that plan and switched to the plan that the pediatrician's office does not take. Every time I call the insurance company, I get the run around on why he was switched. Then I request him to be changed to the correct plan and then we have to wait till the beginning of the next month for that plan to be active. So, I have known now for 2 1/2 weeks that something was amiss on his lab results for his thyroid test but have not been able to get the results because of an insurance glitch! Patience is not my middle name. There are days that I just want to scream and yell and punch something...usually someone at the insurance company.


After all of the wait I found out from the pediatrician that Conner's Free T4 level is high. However, the TSH level is within the normal range. So, that doesn't concern the peditrician. He did say that we may want to retest his levels again in the future to see if he just normally has a high thyroid level or if it changes.

No comments: