Wednesday, August 11, 2010
New OT
Conner met his new OT that will be coming to the house today. He interacted with her better than I expected. A majority of the visit was a meet and greet type session. I answered a lot of evaluation questions and gave her a copy of his most recent evaluation from CRC the center that Conner had been going to. I learned something new today. I love when I learn something new! I learned that insurance will not pay for therapy without a recognized medical diagnosis. Currently, the diagnosis that has been on the evaluations that were submitted to Conner's insurance company was developmental delay. Since developmental delay is not a recognized medical diagnosis that is most likely the reason why the insurance company denied therapy services the last time they were submitted. Until we have a different diagnosis to submit with therapy evaluations we will most likely continue to be denied. I hate cat and mouse games. By the time Conner is 3 I hope to be an expert. Otherwise, OT and ST will cease for him since we cannot afford to pay for services and Early Steps will no longer have Conner on their caseload.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment