Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Stack Em'

Today, we finally decided to stack the beds in the boys' room. I was getting sick of the limited amount of space in the playroom with the train table in there. So, we bunked the boys' beds and moved the train table into their bedroom. Now, there is a lot more space in the playroom. I just need to keep working on Jimmy to get rid of the couch and add a couple more bean bags to the room and the transformation will be complete.

2 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

That looks great Meg! How hard is it to keep Conner from climbing up all the time? I want to get bunks for Anders' room just to have extra sleeping options for when my sister comes. But we don't want Anders to get hurt if he's climbing up there. How are you guys dealing with it? I'm sure Shannen will be scaling that thing before you know it too!

Megan Murtaugh said...

Lau- It is not hard to keep Conner from climbing up all the time as long as I remember to remove the ladder! If you look closely you'll see that there is a trundle that is under the bottom bunk. It had wheels on it. They were crushed when the weight limit of 170lbs was surpassed when one family member stepped on the trundle bed. Love the fact that they are full size. Before they were bunked I spent a night or two sleeping next to Conner when he woke in the middle of the night. Since they have been bunked I haven't had to sleep in there. I think he likes the cave effect.