Conner has been working diligently on perfecting his walking skills over the past month. I am amazed at what he does balance wise. He can squat pickup something off of the floor and then stand up again without holding onto anything for balance. I don't remember James being able to do that this soon after starting to walk. He is a proficient climber as well. Conner will use the bottom drawer in the kitchen to stand in and reach anything left on the counter. We have to be really careful what is left within arm's reach these days. His appetite has picked up and most days he is eating more than James. I am guessing that he is working on a growth spurt again because obviously 28lbs at 16 months is not good enough! Here he is strutting his stuff:
Since Conner has been working on his motor skills he is at a standstill with his verbal skills. He mostly says dada, sometimes mama, what we think is "I did it", and something that is close to thank you. One thing that he has started over the last week is squealing...do I live on a farm? Sometimes it sounds like it.
Next Monday, both boys have an eye doctor's appointment. Conner's left eye is much better since birth and it has not affected his vision at all(which is the reason we have him checked on a regular basis to catch it if it does start to affect his vision). James is going for his first visit to establish a baseline. Jimmy had a problem with his eye muscles around age 4 I believe so since there is a family history the Dr wants to have a starting point to compare to.
Conner has been contemplating which career path he wants to take. Can you guess what career he might be thinking about? Keep it clean people! Seriously, after bathtime he will stand at the coffee table and put him hand down the back of his diaper and just stand there. This is the result and it doesn't seem to bother him.
1 comment:
Larry the cable guy is pushing crack!!!
He must be air drying after bath time.
Post a Comment