To make my life easier during the day, I asked Jimmy to bring the swing in from storage so I could try getting more things done during the day. Our Graco Counting Sheep Silhouette was a life saver for me when James and Conner were both infants. James spent more time in it than Conner since Conner grew so fast. Well, we put new batteries in it and started it up. There was only one problem the swing had only one speed instead of the six that it was supposed to have. I guess the motor took a beating. So, since I found such a good deal on the power wheels quad on craigslist I decided to try my luck at finding a swing on there too. I found one for $30, new it retails for around $140. It is a Fisher Price Nature's Touch Cradle Swing. Today after lunch and our visitors, Erin and Mia, left Shannen took a 2 hour nap in her new "used" swing. I hadn't had much luck getting her to hang out in the swing. I changed the direction of the swing and that seemed to do the trick today. So she likes the front to back motion and not the side to side motion. Here she is enjoying her swing(yes, she is buckled in...it is under her dress).
4 comments:
She has my chins! haha
If you burn the motor out of that very same swing, you can get a replacement motor from Fisher Price for $25 - worth EVERY penny! I might know from experience. I might have even purchased 2 new motors as we burned out 2 because ours ran constantly.
Anders slept in that swing for the first 5 months of his life. He would do 11 hour stretches in it, versus the maybe 2 hours he'd do in the crib. I wasn't about to mess with a good thing! I let him sleep in it as long as he wanted to, and as long as he fit. That was by far the best baby gadget we owned!
One more thing . . . rechargeable batteries are your friend!
That is the same swing that saved our life with Mia. She slept in it for several months, until the motor went out. Luckily Graco replaced the motor at no cost!! However, by the time we got the replacement, Mia wanted nothing to do with it. But, we have it all put together and ready for the next little one to arrive. Hopefully, she'll enjoy it as much. It gave us some much needed rest!
Mia can't wait to see James and Conner today. We'll see you soon.
Post a Comment