Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Autism Walk


It has been a while since I have done a fundraising campaign but I am back at it again. The mom's group I belong to has a team that will be walking on November 7th. So, I am signed up and will probably have all 3 kids with me. With the economy in the tank right now I set my goal low. I am attempting to raise $50. If you feel you can spare a dollar or more please donate to this worthwhile cause.

  • Autism is a lifelong neurological disorder that impairs a person's ability to communicate and relate to others
  • Autism is the fastest-growing serious developmental disorder in the United States
  • A shocking 1 in every 150 children born will be diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder
  • Autism affects four times more boys than girls and is likely to strike at least 1 in 10 siblings of those diagnosed with the disorder
  • Autism receives less than 5% of the research funding of many less prevalent childhood diseases

    Please Support ME and the Mamapalooza Team!
    I along with many members of Mamapalooza will be walking in Autism Speaks' Walk Now for Autism fund-raising event. Please support our team. We would be honored if you would join our team and walk with us on Walk Day. Together we can make a difference by advancing and accelerating autism research. So let's get walking for Autism Speaks! Help Make a Difference for Children with Autism! The lives of children who are challenged by autism will be made more hopeful with every dollar spent on research. Autism Speaks - Walk Now for Autism is the signature fundraising event of Autism Speaks and is the nation's largest Walk program dedicated to autism research. Since its inception in May 2000 hundreds of thousands of people have participated in Autism Speaks - Walk Now for Autism and collectively over 80 events have raised over $30 million for autism research. Please help families touched by Autism find the answers!

RESEARCH = HOPE for families affected by autism!

No comments: