Not literally thank goodness, but today was a rough day. I am trying to figure out what was wrong with Shannen. She started throwing up at 2:30pm. I fed her some cereal and baby applesauce(she didn’t appear to like it…kept gagging) right before we left to pick James up at school. Between 2:30-3:30 she pretty much emptied the contents in her stomach. No fever. I called the Dr’s office and they said to try and give her pedialyte to calm her stomach then once she kept that down to resume nursing. Grandma Sugie happened to stop by during that time. She went and picked up some pedialyte. She got apple flavor. Let’s just say Shannen started gagging with that. So I offered nursing to her which she did without gagging and so far she has kept it down. My gut says maybe we have an apple sensitivity/allergy. I don’t know.
While that is going on, I try to keep Conner out of the vomit on the floor because in true boy fashion the kid loves anything he can get his hands on or in to make a mess. I send him downstairs with Papa Murtaugh and James so I can wipe up and spray down the contaminated areas of the house.
Shortly thereafter, Papa returns upstairs with both kids. James is crying uncontrollably. It seems he got his middle finger pinched in the bathroom door in the office. He refuses any offers by us to help with pain management. He continues to cry, no make that whine, while Shannen has dozed off sitting on my lap. Part or most of the drama stems from the fact that my three year old doesn't believe he needs a nap any more so when he is overtired everything is magnified by tenfold!
At some point, I pass Shannen off to Jimmy because I am not comfortable putting her down since she was throwing up. (I was worried about her aspirating) I get James down to the bathroom and he wants a bandaid on his finger. I manage to get one on and he immediately stops crying like I just placed a miracle bandaid on or something. That lasted all of about 30 seconds. He decides he is tired and wants to lay down so I carry him to his room and put him in his bed. Crying starts up again as pure exhaustion is trying overtake his body.
Shannen continued to nurse without any further episodes. Somehow we made it through the rest of the day/evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment