Well, for those of you who think having boys are easier than girls because there is less drama, I want you to think again. Here is a brief example of what it is like to have a 2 1/2 yr old boy. Oh and this wasn't one one of his bad fits!
Now that I have shown you the tantrum side here is the silly side. He tries to do this any time I am resting on the couch. My feet happen to be clean this night so I let him have fun. Do you think he is going to be our musician?
James has been talking up a storm lately, especially in the car. He comments on everything that he sees. One thing that he asks to do everytime we are in the car is to go to the choo choo train tracks. When he sees animals he tells me what they are and what sound they make. For example, when he sees cows he'll say, "Cows...mooo...they eat grass."
We have started potty training. It has gotten better since we started. He is not interested at all in the sticker chart that I tried to use and honestly when we started out it frustrated me more to see how many times he sat on the potty and didn't pee or poo but then to know he had peed on the floor, couch, my heating pad, his blankie, the rug etc. So, I just use m+m's when he does do something in the potty. I thought that might start to backfire on me today. I think James is learning how to work the system! This morning, he went a little pee in the potty and I gave him candy. He said he wanted more candy so I told him do more pee in the potty and you get more candy. He sat down and did the rest of his pee and is thoroughly enjoyed more candy! He tried to go for three in a row but no success. We haven't gone a full day in underwear yet but I usually set aside 4 hours or more of the day to be diaperless. We have had no accidents over the last week but it is hit or miss on whether he produces anything for the potty. Some days he does and other days he doesn't. At least he isn't fighting me and he isn't wetting the furniture when he is diaperless. We still have till August to accomplish complete potty training so I am optimistic that we can achieve that.
3 comments:
LOL, that wasn't so bad! He is a persistent little bugger though, isn't he!?
Persistent doesn't even begin to describe what he is! Like I said, that was a minor ordeal no where near a full blown drama KING.
Tell Sally to take the skirt off and stop whinning! Wow I thought it would never end.
Post a Comment