Thank god that is over!!! Well after 20 miles yesterday my feet and ankles were so swollen I ended up in the medical tent last night. I was told to come back today and get cleared to walk if they were ok. Luckily they don't track that so when I went back this morning and was asked if I needed to be cleared to walk I said no just here to have my ankles taped.Got taped and hit the road w/ my team.
I had them go ahead after a few minutes and I did what I could. When all was said and done I walked 51 miles of the 60 so when the swelling goes down it is time to lace up those asics and hit the road for the 9 miles I owe. I stayed on the course the entire time and cheered others and my team members on when I could no longer walk. I even worked for about an hour at a make shift water station and made sure the ones who could walk were hydrated.
Donna, Darce and Holly you are awesome and I applaud you and admire your determination!Tina girl...we did this for you and I would do it again in a heart beat it. We made it through the 3 day but you are the survivor that inspired us to walk one more step. Love you!
I thank all of you who have sent me emails of encouragement throughout the last 3 days. I could not have done this w/ out you! I also want to thank my supporters who donated to the cause and helped raise the funds. Every mile I walked I thought of you and will do so again on the next 9! I told you I wouldn't let you down! Thank you again for supporting me!
Those of you who haven't donated it's not to late to donate we have until 9/17 to collect donations. My teamates Holly and Darce still need help w/ raising their funds or they will have to come out of pocket. They each completed the 60 miles and they kicked a**!
I have enclosed a link to my personal page, please take time when you have a moment to view it and I welcome all the support. If you would like to help Darce and Holly please click on team progress.
http://08.the3day.org/site/TR/Walk/BostonEvent?px=1563861&pg=personal&fr_id=1182&et=-Ti8vwSNlyDkUgAOS6McYA..&s_tafId=1338
I hope you had a great weekend!
Thank you,
Melissa
When I spoke with Missy this evening she was heading off to the pool to cool down those swollen piggies. Torino's Hope will return home tomorrow after a well deserved comfy night's sleep in a hotel instead of in a tent or high school gym. What an awesome job all of you did! You should be proud of the 231 miles that you walked to raise awareness for breast cancer.
****Darce just reminded me I walked an extra mile to the finish line so I walked a total of 52 miles. Every step counts! I owe 8 more miles.**** (This update sent by Missy at 9:45pm this evening.)
For those of you watching the weather reports for SWFL. We are anticipating the arrival of Tropical Storm or will it be Hurricane Fay. They estimate her close proximity late Monday to early Tuesday. We are under a Hurricane watch until further notice. I will keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment