I love the pics of James and Conner you sent me tonight. This made my day! Wow, after ending up in the hallway of the school for 2 hours they made us leave and go get our tents and luggage. Yes, and it was pouring cats and dogs. I could barely walk at this point. So, walking to grab my luggage that was in the middle of a field with a piece of plastic over it was a good time.
Tent set up was not my thing so Donna and Darce set up the tents while I called my favorite brother-in-law to find us a hotel or the closest thing to a roof and walls. When Donna and Darce got back my idea of other accomodations were vetoed.
We put our stuff in the tent and walked to get dinner. By this time, the rain stopped. We stood in line for 20 mins went and ate and then had to haul butt to take a shower because they turn off at 9. After getting out of the shower we walked back in the rain (yes that's right) to our tents to gather sleeping bags to be moved to a gym in one of the surrounding schools.
Thunder and lightning kicked up and now people were running. After being turned away from 2 schools we ended up waiting in the rain for the 3rd. They finally opened the doors after about 30 mins of standing in the rain, thunder and lightning going off like crazy. Good times!
Now, I am on the floor of the highschool gym in Stoughton, MA.
Give James extra hugs and kisses from Auntie for his very special 2nd birthday tomorrow. I am so sorry I am missing it.
I also will be walking tomorrow for a special little SMA Angel Marshall Potter. Watch over me and give me strength, Happy Birthday, love you little guy!
Love ya!
No comments:
Post a Comment