Monday, March 16, 2009

Going to School

We decided that James needs to start pre-k in the fall. So, in January we started the process of selecting a school that we felt would help develop James into a well-rounded student. There were a lot of different types of schools that we could choose from so it wasn't an easy task. Our priority was to find a school that would provide him with a multitude of experiences. We narrowed it down to 2 schools and then I went to visit. I was very excited about the academic program at one school. They offer Music, PE, Spanish, and Computers twice a week starting in the 3 year old room. We sent in an application and received notification to schedule a screening for James.

On February 24th, I brought James to the school to spend about 3 hours there in the 3 year old room so the teacher could make observations on his readiness to start school. He must have done ok because we received an acceptance letter the following week.

I went by the school last week to turn in a reservation deposit and I had my mom, and both boys in the car. I ran in by myself to drop off the check and other forms. When I returned to the car, my mom informed me that James cried after I got out of the car saying, "Go School!" I guess he thought he was going that day. I tried to explain that he would start when he turns 3 in August. I don't think he understood but it was nice to see that he remembered the place and wanted to go back.

Now I just have to get him potty trained before August!

No comments: