Friday, March 20, 2009

Got Cats?

We do. Well sorta. There is a stray cat that hangs around the storage facility. She is pretty good at keeping the unsavory visitors from entering the property. Last week, Jimmy's dad saw her coming out of the garage unit with a kitten in her mouth. Later on one of Jimmy's friends/customers heard kittens meowing. Jimmy went in to investigate and found 4 kittens. Momma kitty must have gone in when the door was open and found a comfy spot to have her babies. Since then she has relocated each of her babies to the tall grass plantings in the front of the office. I love to go out and see them. They are maybe a week old at this point. Tonight, I went out and tried to get some pictures of them. It was starting to get dark so the pictures aren't that great. Momma kitty was there and I didn't want her to feel threatened so I didn't use a flash. Here are the best two pictures I was able to get. I will try tomorrow to get better ones during the day.

2 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

Aw Meg, they are so sweet. Is there any way you can catch/spay/release her once the kitties are done nursing? Can you find homes for them?

Megan Murtaugh said...

I am so sad. Momma kitty moved house. We went out tonight to let the boys play for a while. I went to go check on them like I normally do. The nesting area was completely empty. The only think that I can think of is that Jimmy and his dad were doing cleaning today and they were making a lot of noise. Momma might have decided she wanted a quieter neighborhood for her brood.