James went to the clinic on Saturday and was diagnosed with croup too. His was more involved(it was in his lungs already and causing difficulty breathing) and they put him on a liquid steroid 2x/day. Yesterday, he still wasn't sounding great so I scheduled a follow-up visit for him and Conner with their pediatrician. About half way to the Dr appt James starts yelling, "GO HOME! See Daddy!" They have made so many trips up to the clinic(located in the same parking lot as their ped office) that he knows the way now. Needless to say the screaming intensified and didn't stop until we had been in the exam room fot about 10 minutes. Thank goodness Grandma Sugie was with us. I had all I could do to keep my cool and try and soothe my distraught 2yr old while his little brother ran around the waiting room laughing and having a grand time. James wouldn't even get on the scale to be weighed. I had to pick him up and get on with him. Luckily I knew my weight from my OB appt that morning so they could figure out his weight. Their Dr is great. She had already received the warning that James was a time bomb waiting to go off at any moment. She came in and immediately made a game out of her exam starting of course with Conner and asking James if it was ok if she checked his brother out. Then she would explain to James what she was doing to Conner. After she checked Conner then she would say ok James let's check you. He complied every time! He had some wheezing in his chest that was causing his coughing. She gave us a script for an inhaler(which I realized we already had at home from the last time James needed one...and lucky me it wasn't expired!). So, we just headed back home.
I will be back there again next week with our new baby for her first check after discharge from the hospital. Hopefully without the 2 sidekicks in tow.
Last night, I started getting stuffy. It figures I would get sick too. I was sick when I delivered Conner too. At least I will produce antibodies in my milk to help protect the baby. Hello...it is MAY soon to be JUNE. Cold season is supposed to be over!!
1 comment:
Feel better fast Meg! When is D-Day??? Tomorrow? Friday?
Post a Comment