Thursday, May 14, 2009

Potty Update

James started to show more interest over the past week for using the toilet. He prefers using the regular toilet with a potty seat insert instead of the potty chair that he started out with. I haven't been pushing it too much because I have not had the energy but I am so happy that he finally came around to wanting to use the toilet. It had even gotten to the point that he would ask to use the potty when he had a diaper on.

Wednesday he went poop on the toilet for the first time. This may not sound like a big deal to you unless you have actually potty trained a kid. I was ecstatic! Yesterday(Thursday..sorry I started this post on Thur and today is Fri), he wore underwear all day including nap time and stayed dry. We even were out of the house for quite a bit of time and he used the toilet at Grandma Conners' house. He has been waking up in the morning dry most days too. At this point we still have him wear a diaper to bed just in case. Today, underwear is on and we went to a playdate for a couple hours this morning at Jenny's house. He used the toilet there and stayed dry again while we were out of the house. I hope he keeps it up. He is taking a nap right now and hopefully he will be dry when he wakes up.

1 comment:

Murphy's Law said...

Great news on the potty! I will be excited when Anders trains. Hard to believe Murphy was trained at this age (20 months) and Anders has ZERO interest. They say girls are easier in THAT aspect. LOL! We shall be the judges of that.

If he keeps going with this, at least your diaper bill won't be going up even though you're adding a kid to the mix! Keep up the great work, James!