Tuesday, July 28, 2009

7 Year Itch?

Can you believe 7 years ago today I met my wonderful, charming husband for the first time? It seems like it was yesterday. For those of you not familiar with how we met let me elaborate. Back in the spring of 2002, I was offered a teaching position at a charter school here in FL. I would begin there in July. So, after I completed my masters degree in teaching I relocated to Venice, FL. At the beginning of June, I packed up my Honda Civic and drove to FL to begin my career as an educator. Before moving down here, I had been using an online dating service called match.com. When I knew that I was going to be moving down here I changed my profile location so that I could start meeting people down here. Jimmy sent the first email to me on May 21, 2002. The only reason I remember that specific date is because it was the day after his birthday. We spoke on the phone regularly for two months before our first date. Seven years ago we headed to Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, FL to see the New York Yankees play against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays(now known as just the Rays). It was the first time that I saw a professional ball game played inside a dome. I don't remember much of our conversation that day except for two things. The first thing I remember was that I had my feet up on the seat in front of me and he said, "Wow, you have really tiny feet!" The other thing that I remember him saying was that he didn't want to get married right away. He said he'd have to be dating someone for two years before he consider marriage. Well, he stayed true to his word. We didn't get married until three years later and that I believe was a miracle. If he could have dragged his feet a little longer he definitely would have tried! My husband is my best friend and a fantastic father. He isn't afraid to get his hands dirty helping out with the kids. I am so thankful everyday that I have such a helpful loving husband.

No comments: