Thursday, July 02, 2009

Eric Carle-Updated

To celebrate Eric Carle's 80th birthday my friend Jenny hosted a playdate at her house. The theme was based on The Very Hungry Caterpillar. All of the moms brought some type of food item based on the story. We brought egg-free cupcakes and strawberries. The cupcakes came out pretty good. They were made using a chocolate cupcake recipe that I had. I just omitted the cocoa powder and added 1 tsp of vanilla instead of a 1/2 tsp.

James was already familiar with the story of The Very Hungry Caterpillar because Kate used to read it to him when he went to her house while I was still working. Jenny read several of Eric Carle's books to the kids while they grazed on various food items. Later on the kids joined Jenny for Ring-Around-the-Rosie. We really enjoyed getting out of the house. Grandma Conners came with us and she had a nice time meeting and talking with many of the moms there too.

The original post only had pictures of James and Conner. I forgot to include Shannen. This was her first official meetup!

No comments: