Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day 2 of the 3-Day Breast Cancer Walk

Received: Saturday, July 25th at 5:43PM
Well we got up early and hit the road by 6:30am which paid off because we were back to camp by 4:30pm and the lines were short for the showers. I am afraid to speak too soon but so far no swelling and only 2 blisters. I feel pretty good but let's see what tomorrow brings! Hope you are enjoying your weekend. The weather has been beautiful since it cleared up after lunch yesterday. We did get rain last night but I seemed to have slept through it. Looks like I will be going it alone tomorrow my teamate was just deemed unable to walk. I literally just got the call from Darce and I am going to keep her company while she ices her kankles in the medic tent. I feel her pain! Wish me luck I will update you tomorrow.

Letter from the kids for Day 2:

Dear Auntie,
Yeah you made it through day 2! We love you so much for walking for others who can’t. Rest your piggies and hit the ground running(or crawl if you have to!) tomorrow morning to finish up your 60 miles.
We love you lots and lots!

James, Conner and Shannen

No comments: