Tuesday, December 09, 2008

My Little Helper

James loves to help me do things around the house. Besides vaccuming, switching laundry, and picking up toys he loves to get things for me if I need them. He loves to pick out diapers for Conner and himself. Usually he gets Ernie or Cookie Monster for himself and almost always Elmo for Conner. I am trying to organize our living room a little better with all of the toys that the boys have so I ordered two shelves with colored bins. While Conner took his nap on Sunday, James helped me put them together.


Something else that James loves to do is sit at the computer and point to different letters on the keyboard. He doesn't know all of them yet but the ones he does know he either says the name of the letter or makes the sound. I really haven't worked on this with him at all(shame on me being a teacher and all but I don't want to turn him off to learning by pushing him so I just encourage him when he does show an interest in something). He picked it up from watching LeapFrog Letter Factory. James also knows his colors. He enjoys coloring so when we would color together I would tell him the color of the crayon. He has picked them up and uses them to describe everything else now.


2 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

I love James' hair long like that!

Megan Murtaugh said...

Oops...he just got a haircut after I took that picture.