Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Pink Shell Getaway

My sister came to FL for the holidays. She flew in from CT on Dec 20 and was so happy that Delta didn't cancel or delay her flight due to the snow that was falling at the time. Since she was not arriving in SWFL until late she gave the first night of her reservation at the Pink Shell to Jimmy and I. My parents came over to stay with the boys until my sister arrived and we headed down to the beach. I have to say that it was very nice to have some time away from the boys for just Jimmy and I. We went to dinner at Matanzas Inn and then headed back to the hotel. We had an uninterrupted night of sleep...no kids screaming in their sleep or crying because they don't want to go to sleep. The 21st thru the 24th James, Conner and I stayed with my sister at the Pink Shell. We had a very enjoyable time. I don't think Auntie realized how exhauted two wild and crazy nephews can make her. Every morning she would stay in the room with Conner so that I could take James down to the buffett for breakfast. If how this kid eats now is any indication of how he will eat as a teen we are in some serious trouble! Here is an example of what he ate for breakfast on one of the mornings that we were there...orange juice, scrambled eggs, a slice of toast with grape jelly, a banana, a bowl of canteloupe, and a container of peach yogurt. Oh I forgot to mention that before we went to the buffett he had a bowl of cherrios and juice in the room while he was waiting for me to get dressed.

No comments: